Sunday, October 6, 2013

Grand Theft Auto Online Diary - Day 4

I'm not sure how much more I can do this. I finally spent the whole afternoon playing GTA Online and I found it more frustrating than fun.



I won't blame the game for all the times I lost in the deathmatches or the races, though I will say that the rewards for completing those are not enjoyable enough to warrant going back to them repeatedly.

I do have a problem with how the missions are set up though. It always took the game forever to find enough people who also wanted to participate in the missions, and several times I had to quit because it was stuck in an infinite finding people screen.

One time I quit out of the mission loading screen, and when I got back to the city I had a two star wanted level and a bunch of cops were shooting at me. I do not know why.

 Every mission I was in was the same "Go to point A, retrieve the vehicle, go to point B". We would all start as far away from the target as possible, and spend most of our time driving all the way across the map. It is really bad when the vehicle is moving, one mission we chased the car in a giant circle around San Andreas and all we got was a thousand dollars for twenty minutes wasted.

When we did collect the vehicle one person would drive off and leave the rest of us behind. It does seem kind of dickish, but it is not like there is a reason to stick with the vehicle anyway. The game tells you to protect the vehicle, but the shooting-while-driving controls are so bad its almost impossible to kill anyone while following after the vehicle. And then there are the times when the police come in; how are you supposed to protect the vehicle when shooting police just increases the wanted level and alert the cops?

I'll try this for one, maybe two more days.

No comments:

Post a Comment