Friday, October 11, 2013

Grand Theft Auto Online Diary - Day 5

I was thinking of letting this be the last day I played it, but I didn't get enough time in, so I'll give it one more day.



I said in my review of the single-player that I thought that the sandbox was superfluous, and I feel the same way about the online multiplayer. Rockstar made a mistake by letting you call your phone and automatically find a type of game you want to join and take you there. I am not going to drive across San Andreas if I do not have to, it's a slow and uneventful process. It's not like you can drive around and pass by a match in process, those go to their own little place, which I think emphasizes my old point that this could game could be level based.

I still had to drive to stores though, so I guess that's something.

When I started up I took the first job that was sent to me. It was the "Steal the RV" job I did before. My mistake for not memorizing job descriptions so I wouldn't do the same job twice. I did like the way the game dropped off near the RV this time, and let me get into the RV with two other people.

I also participated in a race and deathmatch, the latter of which I enjoyed. I think I'll stick with non-team deathmatches form now on, makes me feel less bad when I do poorly, though I actually won this one.

I bought a garage last time I played, I didn't need one, but it was something to do. I decided to steal a fancy car fill the garage. I wanted it to be nice and customized though, but when I took it to a garage first they said the car was too nice and I could only customize nice vehicles I bought, so I abandoned the whole thing and did another mission. I should have probably seen if I could keep it in my garage first.

If that mission finder on your phone didn't exist I could see why you would want to own a car too.

No comments:

Post a Comment