Monday, December 9, 2013

Why there isn't going to be a review today

I don't know if anybody actually reads this blog and knows that it normally updates every other Monday, but there isn't going to be a review today, and there's probable never going to be one on a regular schedule ever again.



I don't remember how I initially did it, but when I started this blog I must have had a bunch of games ready to play, because I always had a backlog of reviews of games that were several weeks or months old, because for some reason I was for a long time behind everyone else. But I caught up this year and my backlog started disappearing faster than I could play new games, and now I've run out. I'm currently playing Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies and Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag, and I thought I could finish one in time, but they're too long. So I have nothing to post.

I'm kind of disappointed that I wasn't able to update. I had hoped that when I finally ran out of reviews it would be when I had no games to play, that my backlog would end during a lull and I would be all caught up. I was so close. I was just three games from being lined up. If only I had gone straight to these games instead of playing The Saboteur and RE6 first.

And now that I've missed my deadline I feel like there's no point to continue keeping up with it. I guess that means the deadline lost its point a long time ago. I remember doing that because I thought it would make the blog look more professional, back when I thought I should have it on my resume, back when I thought people were just handing out review jobs. It's pretty obvious that was pointless.

It's not like I wouldn't have to deal with this problem sooner or later. When I hate that lull I hoped for, it's not like I was going to be able to fin a new game to play every two weeks and review it. I think what I will do is just review a game when I finish it and upload it immediately. I just worry that without the deadline I won't have the discipline to write the reviews and I'll stop working on the blog. But I don't want to give up on it, this is one of the few things I've put consistent work in for years, even if it's a tiny blog lost in the itnernet.

No comments:

Post a Comment